Yesterday, Barack Obama was with JFK's former speechwriter Ted Sorensen trying to convince the world that Obama and JFK are similar, particularly in their possession of superior "judgment."
The Obama campaign just released the following asterisks signifying where the comparison fell apart:
* JKF was for a strong national defense.Other than that, Obama and JFK are like soul mates.
* JFK won at least one political debate.
* JFK favored tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans.
* JFK escalated a pre-emptive war on foreign soil without an exit strategy.
* JFK ran the dirtiest campaigns of his time.
* JFK once said America would, "pay any price, bear any burden."
* JFK once said "...one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission."
* JFK's superior "judgment" included sleeping with the mistress of America's most powerful Mob boss.