Thursday, April 3, 2008

Karl Rove calls out Barack

Karl Rove was smart to take that Fox News analyst gig because his genteel demeanor and stunningly astute commentary has laid waste to the Left's attempt to demonize him. By comparison, he makes Democratic "geniuses" like James Carville and Paul Begala look like cartoon characters.

He just did a long, interesting interview with GQ magazine, where he accused Barack Obama of lying about him in his book.

WHAT HAVE BEEN YOUR DEALINGS WITH THEM?
Well, you know, I used to have her office at the White House. And I got to know [Obama] because we have a mutual friend, Ken Mehlman, who was his law-school classmate at Harvard. And so as a result, whenever in the last three years he's been around at the White House, I've gotten to see him, and we sort of would hang around and chitchat about things. I'm actually in his book. He wrote that "people like Newt Gingrich, Tom Delay, Ralph Reed, and Karl Rove say we are a Christian nation." And I did not say that. I confronted him about it. At the White House.

AND WHAT DID HE SAY?
Well, first he denied that I was in the book! And then he denied that it said that I said that it was a Christian nation. And then when I pulled out the thing [he had a copy of the offensive page with him] and showed it to him, he sort of blah-blah-blah-blah-blah- blah-blah. And I thought, That's who he is. I mean, look, he may claim that he's for a different kind of politics, but that was a cheap shot. And I'm not certain if any of the four said it either. But it was like, you know, Let's just strap it in there and see if it goes someplace. Another example: Him saying, "We honor John McCain for his fifty years of service" was a cheap shot. He was going out of his way to say John McCain's old.


What say you, Barack? Did you put a sloppily worded and researched partisan charge in your book about changing the tone in Washington?




Technorati Tags:
, , , ,


No comments:

Post a Comment