Friday, May 5, 2006

Kennedy spin -- none better

I will not pile on Patrick Kennedy. I don't care that much about the story. I hope he gets the help he needs.

But that was one extraordinary statement today. For someone in the political pr business like me, it was like watching Pele kick a soccer ball. The artistry is unmistakable.

There is nothing that can touch a Kennedy damage control operation. I think Ol' Joe set up a secret perpetual account that pays for a commando pr unit that exists only for days like this.

I was taking pain medication and was trying to sleep so I took sleep medication when somehow I slept drove and don't remember anything.

The whole night explained! Even the drinking earlier if that turns out to be true. I don't remember a thing.

Then, scamper off to rehab so he can regroup to continue fighting for the people. There were some glaring contradictions, for sure. Like how he ticked off all his problems and rehabs and then said he's given voters good service. Democrats don't view contradictions as problems. They are trained early and often to pivot forcefully away from them.

Now, finally, I see why every Democrat reveres the Kennedys. Their spin is unparalleled.

Technorati Tags: ,

No comments:

Post a Comment