The mainstream press (D-Obama) has now decided that ALL criticisms of Barack Obama are either racist, distractions, or mean-spirited. That allows the press an excuse to ignore, among other issues, Obama's grossly under explained alliance with unrepentant domestic terrorist Bill Ayers.
Instead of checking out the vague and changing answers from Obama on the relationship, the media is writing apology speeches for McCain to deliver, doing fact sheets on Ayers without any reporting, and publishing dishonest fact checks on McCain ads that swallow Obama talking points whole.
Meanwhile, while the press passes its time as Obama's press agents instead of gathering facts, the following questions remain unanswered:
1. When did Ayers and his equally unrepentant terrorist wife Bernardine Dohrn first meet? Obama's campaign says 1995. But their paths crossed many times almost a decade prior.
2. What is the nature of the relationship between the Ayers and Obamas? Did they socialize? Remember that Obama for months downplayed his relationship with convicted felon Tony Rezko and, when finally pressed, said he regularly dined with the Rezkos and once visited their vacation home.
3. Why is Obama refusing to give a straight answer on the relationship? He has given vague and distortive answers and his aides are giving a new explanation almost daily. If there was nothing sinister or wrong with the relationship, why not spell it out truthfully?
4. Does Obama agree with Ayers extreme left wing views on education and American society in general? Ayers writings and interviews over the years make it quite clear where he stands.
5. Why is Ayers allowed to remain silent? Tax dollars are paying his salary at the University of Illinois-Chicago. He can't be made to talk but I don't see the media giving it much of an effort. Media stakeouts are used all the time to flush out news villains. In this case, we have further proof the media doesn't consider him a bad guy at all.
The racket: Refuse to cover a legitimate story and then criticize those who try to force it out over the blockage.